418-00-1330 Multi-Year NOFO Renewal
Federal Or Federal Pass Through, State
June 30, 2024
Nonprofits (with 501(c)(3) Status), County governments
Only current FY23 awardees are eligible.
This program provides services to Norman certified families as defined by the Norman Consent Decree. This CSFA program includes two program areas: Housing Advocacy Program (provides assistance to Norman certified families to locate and maintain adequate housing) and Emergency Cash Assistance (provides cash assistance checks to assist Norman certified families purchase items needed to care for their children).
Housing Advocacy Program (HAP) grantees shall:
• Evaluate the client's emergency and long-term housing and subsistence needs
• Housing action plan development
• Assist the client in securing permanent affordable housing
• Budgeting counseling
• Assist the client obtain employment
• Assist the client with applying for income assistance
• Assist the child welfare worker complete Norman Cash Assistance requests
• Link the client to community resources to meet subsistence needs
• Follow-up with the client to identify housing problems
• Increase housing options for families certified into the Norman Class
Emergency Cash Assistance grantees shall:
Administer cash assistance to families facing environmental issues (i.e. inadequate food, shelter, or clothing, or environmental neglect) to address an immediate need to ensure that a child is not placed in substitute care or prevented from returning home.